***Special Edition NewsLetter***
For those of you living in the USA PLEASE DON'T TRADE IN YOUR JEEP THROUGH THE "CASH FOR CLUNKERS" (CFC) PROGRAM.
There are many reasons why this program is hurting many folks so I will attempt to list as many as I can think of.
- The program is designed to get older and less fuel efficient cars COMPLETELY off the roads. They will destroy the entire drive train and crush or shred the rest of the vehicle.
- Good used Jeep parts are often hard to come by as it is. By trading your Jeep in through the CFC program you are allowing the government to destroy good usable parts needed for all of OUR Jeeps.
- By trading in your old Jeep under CFC you are probably going from a no payments vehicle to a large monthly payment vehicle (translate=Years of payments) just to get a better down payment and a few extra miles per gallon.
- The used vehicle sales market is losing badly on this deal because fewer people are trading in or buying from their stock because of CFC.
- This administration is bound and determined to control as much private industry as possible all under the guise of "helping the economy" and "saving the earth". The truth is that while helping the new car industry they are really hurting the little guys...us!
- And finally...the CFC is hurting some great charities who rely on taking old donated vehicles and auctioning them off to help children such as at risk youths in the CAN academy program in Texas...as well as many other programs.
The following video hurts to watch...a tribute though to it's toughness while trying to kill the reliable 4.0L:
The Killing of a Jeep XJ (video)
So if you don't want your older Jeep to end up as a recycled Toyota Prius or Honda Fit...tell everyone of your Jeep friends to tell their government representatives to back off and leave us and our Jeeps alone...among other things!
Agree?...Disagree? Let me know at my Contact Me page.
Thanks and be safe,