1994 Grand Cherokee ZJ running great 17 years later.
Well my Grand Cherokee was my 3rd vehicle...and my first Jeep. I am the second owner...and have had it about 3 years. When I got it it had 170,000 kms on it.
I use it as my daily driver, and take it off road occasionally on weekends. Besides little things that come eventually with wear and tear, my ZJ has never had any major problems.
A few minor things such as lifter noise (easily fixed), and my pulleys for the serpentine belt getting squeaky (going to replace soon) have occurred, but no major flaws.
It is a 1994 Grand Cherokee ZJ with:
- 4.0 Liter High Output Inline 6 AMC power-plant with 200 hp,
- Jeep Mag wheels 15",
- BF Goodrich all terrain tires, 31"x10.5"x15",
- 2" Daystar lift kit(not the one in photo.),
- Ranch rough country shocks,
- Custom exhaust 2" pipe with 3.5" flared Magnaflo Tip,
- Interior LED's,
- 1000watt(peak) sound system with 2-500watt 10" Pyle subs, Kore audio amp, and Infinty speakers all around.
Overall I would say I am very impressed with my Jeep. Being over 17 years old...having over 285,000 kms on it, being off-roaded, driven in extreme heat, and cold....almost anything hasn't slowed it down.
I would easily recommend a ZJ to a first time Jeep buyer (especially the makes with the AMC 4.0L inline 6...bullet proof engine.). It is a good all around vehicle , with exceptional off road capabilities.
There is no doubt that when my ZJ dies(if that ever happens) I will be looking back to the Jeep family for my next set of wheels.Larry's Comment: Nice to hear another good report on the '94 Grand Cherokee.
Keith...your GC looks to be set up quite well!